Once everything was anodized I could start putting it together. I am attaching the silver sleeves to the handle with rivets in this photo. I have the whole piece wrapped in a paper towel and tape so I cannot accidentally scratch the anodized surface.
These are the pieces of silver tubing I used as spacers on the rivets to put a space between the two aluminum parts of the handle and the two aluminum parts of the base.
I am getting ready to rivet. There are 20 rivets, not counting the 2 that will attach it to the body of the teapot.
Again I wrapped the handle in tape to keep from damaging the anodizing. I worked on a couple rivets at a time and kept the rest of the handle covered. It is kind of annoying to have to keep taping it, removing tape, and re-taping it, but I think it is worth it when I consider the possible consequence of not being so careful. I really hate getting a scratch in my anodizing before I am even finished. And if I wanted to re-anodize the handle I would have to remove all the rivets and the sleeves, which would be a lot of work.
In this photo all the rivets are done, and I am sanding them so they are all the same height.
I put a slightly matte finish on the teapot. I don't like high polished silver.
The handle isn't actually attached. If you look closely you can still see the two holes for the rivets that will hold the handle on.
All the rivets are in. I am working on the 4 that hold the aluminum to the big silver piece.