Sunday I took a break from commissions and stuff for galleries and made this piece. It is cut from a sheet of 12" x 12" 22 gauge brass. The finished piece is about 3 3/4" high x 4 3/8" wide.
I used almost the same design as a different piece, but made the neck longer and scaled the piece up to fit the larger piece of metal. Doing the design with CAD makes it so much easier to scale the piece to fit the sheet of metal.
This is right before I started drilling the holes. I used a highlighter to mark the borders of the areas where I will drill.
Finished except for the patina.
It is the same design as the smaller piece except it has a longer neck.