Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Korea/Japan part 2 - Seoul, Busan, Pyeongtaek

On Thursday Oct. 1st, after the home stay in Cheongju was over I took a bus to Pyeongtaek where my friend lives. That weekend was Chuseok, (it's like Korean Thanksgiving), so my friend didn't work Friday. Since there's not a whole lot to do in Pyeongtaek, as soon as I got there we went to Seoul for the weekend.




We didn't eat here, but I liked the restaurant's sign in the photo below. I like how they did the character 鳥, it means bird or chicken, but one could probably tell what kind of food they serve even if one doesn't know any Chinese characters.


Bongwonsa Temple in Seoul:




Monday my friend had to go back to work, so I went to Busan. I liked Busan because of it's beaches. I spent most of my time there in Haeundae (below)


No comments: