Monday, November 12, 2007

why does everythig take so long?

Everything takes longer than expected. I think I will not be able to finish the candlesticks in time to ship them tomorrow.

I took some jewelry classes at College or DuPage about 9-10 years ago. I just took them to use the studio there, but I remember the instructor said something along the lines of everything takes 4 times as long as you think, or to multiply your estimated time to finish the job by 4. I don't really remember, but everything does take longer than I expect. 4 times as long might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I need to start taking that into account more when I estimate the cost for a commission.

I emailed the organizers of Wearable Expressions to ask if it was a postmark deadline or if entries were due Monday, the deadline is extended. She said entries must be postmarked by Nov 14, instead of Nov 12. So maybe I will have time to finish a piece or two to enter.

My studio is such a mess. I will clean it after the candlesticks and wearable expressions entries are done.

No comments: