Monday, February 23, 2009

Aluminum and sterling brooch part 5

I finished this piece last night, except for the pin back cause I still haven't gotten oxygen for my torch.

I mostly like it, except for the holes in the silver part. I regretted it as soon as I finished drilling them.


I stuck to the original designs pretty closely, which is unusual for me. Or maybe it's just unusual that I had the design totally finished when I started the piece, rather than starting on the piece with the design only half finished which means I never have an original sketch to compare the piece to when it's finished.

August 2008


August 2005

2 comments:

Fru said...

wow this is a great journal of your creative process!!

do you have a RSS, so that I can follow you?

I admire your work on Flickr and crafthaus too
:)

ciao

francesca (aka fru)

18Karat Jewellers said...

Your work is all wonderfully designed. Holes and all, it looks great.