Wednesday, February 4, 2009

publications

Someone told me my Bubble Ring was used in the announcement for the 2009 Jewelry Artist magazine Jewelry Arts Awards in the Feb issue. I went to Barnes & Noble tonight to get that magazine and while I was there I looked at the book The Jeweler's Studio Handbook by Brandon Holschuh which was recently released. Brandon contacted me last year for images of my work to use in his book, so I wanted to see which ones, if any, he used. There is a photo of my Bubble Ring in the gallery section. I love seeing my work in print. Unfortunately in the artist listing my website is listed as jonryan.com, without my middle initial, which is not my website.

Entries for the 2009 Jewelry Arts Awards are due March 1st. The entry form will be here, but as of today it is still showing the info for 2008. I will enter 2 or 3 pieces. I haven't decided which yet. It's $25 per entry. Its kind of expensive considering there's no actual prize other than having your work published.

No comments: