Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Appalachian Center for Craft visit

I took a trip to the Appalachian Center for Craft in Tennessee last week to see my friend from grad school, Yoko Noguchi, who is currently the artist in residence in metals. I drove there from Chicago, the drive was about 10 hours. I don't mind long drives like that at long as the landscape is interesting. It becomes interesting about 4 hours south of Chicago.

The school was nice, I think I would like to take a workshop there sometime. It would be nice to spend a week or two there, but I think that would be about all the time I could spend there. The place is in the middle of nowhere. I can't live in an area like that.



These are the cabins people stay in...


Some of the studios...






Glass...


Lizards...





This is about a mile from the school....

No comments: