Saturday, July 12, 2008

some earrings

I am currently working on several pairs of earrings for the show next month. The first photo shows one of them very early in the carving process. The finished piece will be the same sort of thing as the photo of the pendant below it, but I will put a texture on the earrings.

I start out with gravers cutting the deep areas. At that stage I am not too worried about making it smooth, I am just removing metal. I will work on smoothing things out a bit as I get ready to file. The files will finish smoothing things out and make the contours of the outside edges. I will go back to using gravers at the end to clean up the places I can't get to with files.




Here is another earring I am working on. This one will be sort of flat, like the blue earrings below it.


No comments: