Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I really didn't want to stop working on the copper vase before it was finished. I didn't want to have one more almost finished piece, but one of the reasons I put it on hold was to do a commission. Now that that's done I have to finish some things for the show at Taboo Studio. The show opens August 15th, but they need the work by August 5th.

Lately I have a problem with focusing on what needs to be done. For example, I have to finish some things for this show in August, but I would rather work on things that are not for the show. Once I have sent my work to the show and can work on the things I want to do now, I will probably want to start on something else instead.

And I still have my problem of having too many unfinished pieces. I tend to drag things out if I don't have a real deadline for them. Occasionally it's because I lose interest in a piece for what ever reason, like maybe its not turning out the way I expected and I start to feel like it's a waste of my time. But more often I procrastinate because I don't like the step of the process I am at.

I have to finish some of those unfinished things if I want to have anything to enter in the exhibitions and competitions coming up this Aug and Sept.

No comments: