Tuesday, November 24, 2009

another Lark 500 book

Lark is doing another book, 500 Silver Jewelry Designs. Entries must be postmarked by Dec. 4, 2009. Last week I was going to get my entry ready, but I decided to wait and try to get my green enameled bracelet finished in time to enter. It would have been finished by now, but I got really busy with other things.

I love postmark deadlines. They are so much better than having a deadline for when the entries are received. It's much easier when you are finishing something, and photographing it on the very last day. You don't need to worry about shipping the entry next day delivery. I actually don't do that sort of thing anymore. I'm too lazy. But a lot of people do. Instead I have several times gotten myself in the situation where I photographed a piece when it wasn't 100% finished, like some part not visible in the photo was not finished, so I could enter it in an exhibition or something. Then stopped working on it till I got the notification that the piece was accepted and ended up having to stay up all night finishing the piece so I could send it to the exhibition. I hate all nighters, but I procrastinate so much they happen more often than they need to.

No comments: