Sunday, March 8, 2009

Why I don't like to put things away

When I cleaned my studio in October I decided to put all my unfinished pieces that were sitting on or near my bench in a drawer. Quite a few pieces, ranging from being almost finished to ones I had just started on. The result of my new organization was that I forgot all about them and didn't work on any of them till the other day. I remembered one of the pieces that was almost finished and looked all over for it before I remembered everything was in the drawer.

Having all my unfinished work in one place points out to me just how much unfinished work I have. I don't know why I have so much. With almost every piece I can remember the reason I stopped working on it. Some I stopped working on because I had something more important come up, some I had to make a design decision on and didn't know what to do, some I just got sick of or frustrated with. I am going to try to finish up some of these pieces even if I don't really like them anymore, just so they are done.

No comments: