Monday, December 28, 2009

2009

2009 is almost over so I thought I would write a short review of my year.

Judging by my portfolio and resume it was a pretty unproductive year. I spent quite a bit of time on my scale necklace, and I spent some time on some things I have not yet finished, but most of my time this year was spent making things that didn't go in my portfolio.

I was only in two exhibitions this year. One of them was Cheongju, which is kind of a big one, so that makes me feel a little better. I only entered a few others, and got rejected from them. There were several exhibitions or competitions I didn't enter, Niche, Materials Hard and Soft, CraftForms, Mesa Contemporary Crafts.

I should be getting some good news about two of my brooches soon (I hope). I really want to say something about it now, but I feel it is bad luck to say anything before it is finalized.

2009 was a good year for travel for me, I went to Iceland and Sweden, then Korea and Japan less than a month later.

I never mentioned it on this blog, but I spoke with my former employer at Houman Jewelry Design in San Diego a few times throughout the year about going back to work for him. We spoke three or four times, but our timing was always off. It was either me calling him about a job, but he didn't need anyone, or him calling me about a job, but I couldn't go.

I love San Diego and want to go back there, but I may be moving somewhere else to take a new job early next year. Most people who know me know about it, but I don't want to announce it here till it is certain.

So between considering going back to my old job and applying for this other job, 2009 has felt like my final year in my current life. I hope it is because I am ready to move on.

No comments: